|Game Room||Gabby Abbey|
Gabby is a Chat Funkey released with the Dream States expansion. The Gabby tribe is native to Funkeystown.
Gabby's design is based on the concept of gossip. She has a bright pink lipstick mark on her face, with one antenna stained with pink dye. She has pink hands and feet, with the colors on the hands tapering off at the top with paint-splatters. In addition, she has a pink graffiti-like pattern on her stomach.
The most talkative of all the Funkeys, the Gabby are all about spreading Gossip! Gabby always seem to be in a good mood with their bubbly attitude and cheery disposition, and while they do spread rumors, these rumors are always trivial and never harmful. The Gabby like to pass along gossip, but they would never intentionally hurt another Funkeys feelings. Spreading rumors is now the second most popular communication* method in the land.
This is a change from the Gabby of old. The original Gabby were vicious in their rumors and stories. It is often said they were responsible for the wars during the dark times. Three particularly evil Gabby were the ring leaders and led the tribe down this evil path. But the young Gabby and many of the Funkeys rose up and banished the three evils - One to the east, one to the west and one to the far north. Their names have been erased from all Gabby books and stories.
Modern Gabby have a very trusting nature, a kind of air-head personality, and tend to be rather gullible. Knowing that the Gabby will believe almost anything that you tell them, and then most certainly pass that information on to everyone they see, some of the other Funkeys like to play practical jokes with unsuspecting Gabby.
The Deuce are the most notorious for playing practical jokes. The most infamous joke was when a particularly mischievous Deuce, told a Gabby that Xener explorers never really landed on Laputta Station! The Deuce convinced the Gabby that, even though the landing was widely televised on all U.F.U.N.K. channels, the whole landing was actually filmed in a basement using special effects. Of course this rumor spread quickly throughout Terrapinia! Despite Mayor Sayso's repeated denial of this silly rumor, to this day there are Funkeys who believe that the landing was all some type of government conspiracy!
This love of discovering secrets and spreading rumors have led many Gabby to become television reporters or advice columnists. The most famous of the Gabby writes a weekly advice column in the Funkeystown Post called Dear Gabby, where she gives advice to troubled or confused Funkeys. You've come a long way Gabby.
Both the Rewind's Air Mail and the Gabby's Rumors are currently noted as the 2nd most popular communication by the Funkeystown Library.
These values can be inputted into CheatEngine to access the Funkey without its figure.
- Normal - 203
To any Funkey
- Hello! My Name Is Gabby
- You know the old Funkeys' saying: Talk is the gift of the Gabby.
- I love to chit-chat about chit-chat.
- Psss. I heard the real reason the Ptep are wrapped up in all those bandages? Hat hair.
- The new Tank Funkmarine has a screen door for a hatch, at least that's what I heard.
- The latest dirt is that Mayor Sayso waxes his moustache with Boggle Butter.
- U.B, I have to tell someone or I'll burst. The latest gossip in that all Gabbys are big mouths who can't be trusted! Hey, wait a minute...
To Master Lox
- Master Lox?! I'm so surprised...I heard you were much taller.
- A Master Lox Henchman! Read my lips: No more taxes!!!
To Mayor Sayso
- Hello, Mayor Sayso. Is it true that a family of Funkey rodents lives in your beard?
To Jerry Pearl
- Jerry? Aren't you the Funkey who sold me beach front property in the Great Funkey Desert?
- The Pineapple King! I heard that you and the Queen of Cottage Cheese have been seen a lot together.
- Go ahead, my Native friend, you can tell me and I won't tell another Funkey. Do you have to shave your legs when you wear those grass skirts?
- The rumor spread by the Deuce is a reference to the belief that the moon landings were performed on a soundstage and never truly occurred.