|Game Room||Oni Dojo|
Maul resembles a roughly used teddy bear with patched holes. It bears an emotionless expression and has stitched buttons for eyes. Common Maul is brown, Rare Maul is blue, and Very Rare Maul is white. Only the very rare version of this funkey was commercially available.
One of Dr. Tinker's more touching creations, the Maul were created as friends for young Funkeys to help them deal with their fears. Young Funkeys would find their courage each night by squeezing and cuddling their Maul, believing that if anything jumped out from under their bed, the Maul would be there to protect them.
After years of being perceived by other Funkeys as infantile, and being greeted with comments like, "awwwwww... how sweet" and "aren't you just the cutest!" the Maul have come to develop what is commonly referred to as "Little Bear Syndrome". This condition is only enhanced by the emotional imbalance caused by a head full of stuffing and results in the Maul constantly trying to compensate for their perceived softness by proving how tough they are! Torn seams and missing buttons can be a result of an over abundance of hugs, annoying rodents who feed on their stuffing called Maul Rats, as well as frequent maul brawls. As a result, the Maul have learned to repair themselves and are master tailors.
This desire to prove their "bearhood" has led many a Maul to start attending the Nectar's underground Pain Clubs. While the Nectar fight to work out the frustrations of a hard day, the Maul fight to prove that they aren't soft! This fighting has developed into a fierce rivalry between the Maul and Nectar to determine who is truly the King of Pain Club. Some believe this can only be settled in the great Oni Dojo.
Despite this need to prove themselves, the Maul are truly softies at heart. Making sure the youth of Terrapinia are safe, courageous, and have someone to squeeze all of their fears away is their number one priority, and they love what they do... awww how sweet!
These values can be inputted into CheatEngine to access the Funkey without its figure.
- Normal (Brown) - 282
- Rare (Blue) - 286
- Very Rare (White) - 293
To any Funkey
- Hello! My Name Is Maul
- Knock! Knock!...Who's there?...Maul...Maul Who?...Maul Rat. Now, get out of here. You're loitering.
- You have lost your stuffing if you think you can call me cute or cuddly!
- Any chance you have an extra button? I misplaced one of my eyes.
- Do you have any spare thread? I seem to be falling apart!
- Watch who you're calling cute, Funkey!
- Don't worry, U.B., the Maul look ferocious, but we have a big soft side.
To Master Lox
- I bet you never had a Maul to squeeze and cuddle when you were a little Master Lox.
- You lay one hand on me, and I'll Maul you, Henchman.
To Mayor Sayso
- Hey Mayor Sayso, if you see any scared young Funkeys who need a hug, let me know.
To Jerry Pearl
- The Maul prefer hibernating over the sun, Jerry. Our stuffing burns easy.
- I will trade you some coconuts, Pineapple King, if you can get your hands on some Nectar Honey for me.
- Why would you shake a tree for coconuts, when you could climb a tree for some honey?
- Due to the imminent shutdown of the game, only the Very Rare version of Maul was produced. The developers wished to give the players one final gift, as the Very Rare Funkeys could access the most content.